Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 1.4 ASPH "junker" - The Final(?) Chapter
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 22:38:56 -0500

At 09:56 PM 8/3/98 -0400, you wrote:

>While I recognize Mr. Goldberg's expertise and prompt service,
>particularly with respect to someone who uses his equipment for a
>living, I'm curious why you don't send it to Leica since the lens is new
>enough for Passport work. Let me know.

It wasn't new with Passport. But Chatterton has a 1 year warranty. Normally
I would have gotten the Passport version, but says I to myself, "Self,
what's the chances a simple lens like this is going to break, and since
your employer pays for repairs..." I listened. :-)

If it had been a new lens, I would have sent it to Leica.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Calvin:  People always make the mistake of thinking art is created for them.
But really, art is a private language for sophisticates to congratulate
themselves on their superiority to the rest of the world.  As my Artist's
Statement explains, my work