Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 1.4 ASPH "junker" - The Final(?) Chapter
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 18:53:47 -0500

At 03:57 PM 8/3/98 -0400, you wrote:

>And thanks to all for the suggestions on how to handle the
>situation...including Eric's thought that perhaps a deep breath or two was
>in order. :-)

Well, I needed a few breaths, but in the end it worked out.

I noticed a whole roll of photos taken with my Summilux ASPH were off in
focus about two feet. Only had one photo even useable for the paper, and it
was soft. What the heck? I can't be that bad off in my excitement for
getting the 70-180 Vario Apo that morning. :-0

I was cleaning the lens yesterday (because of  a lot of rain drops on the
front element) and noticed a lot of wiggle in the lens. The whole front
part of the lens was loose.

This happened with my old 35 Summicron M (second from last of that version)
so I should have recognized the problem right away. No DUH.

So I called Don Chatterton and he said "Send it to Don Goldberg." That's a
good way to start my day! I should have it back real soon with a pro. rush.
That's service!
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"Why does the eye see a thing more clearly in dreams than with the
imagination, being awake?"
- -Leonardo daVinci