Subject: Re: [Leica] Why we use Leica (was potential image quality)
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 20:09:48 -0700

Harrison McClary wrote:

> As far as why don't more pros shoot Leica....well I would wager that when you
> get into the magazine field you will find more of us using the Leicas than the
> newspaper and wire guys because 1) we shoot Chrome and the difference is
> important there. 2) in most cases the increased quality will show up in better
> printing.]

Plus, staff jobs mean supplied equipment.  I heard LA Times switched to
Canon based on pricing, period.  Probably same bean counters in charge
of editorial content acquisition.  The Canon rep in LA is really
wonderful, always everywhere, supportive of PJ and so on.  She's even
nice to me.  Is there a Nikon rep in LA?  Who knows?

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego