Subject: [Leica] R Lenses
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 12:59:59 -0400

Eric Welch,

>>See how much I contribute once that beauty<<
            >>(70-180) shows up at my door<<

I'm sure you'll enjoy this lens; I've gotten some high
quality slides from this optical gem. Several will qualify
for my Cibachrome collection ;-).

BTW, I finally got to work with the new R-50 f1.4 &
the R-19 f2.8 lenses. Those built in filters on the
19 f2.8 are great. Viewfinder brightness/clarity &
handling of the R8/50 optimize hand held work.

I shot a bunch of film at f1.4 & f2 with the new 50;
let you know how it turns out. Checking out the
sharpness ;-)! A  HCB combo in the right hands.

Relative to recent tripod/candid Leica discussion; it
seems like Leica's "and/or" quality isn't obvious.
Go figure ;-)!

Results from my 180 apo f2.8 are stunning; another
world class lens from the Solms wizards!

As you may gather I've been very busy with my gear
lately; capturing those early morning river moods &
festival candids. Gloriously gathering light ;-)!

Let me know how your 70-180 chromes look!

Tom D.