Subject: Re: [Leica] Why we use Leica (was potential image quality)
From: jpphoto@hci.net (John S Payne)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 02:02:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
It's late and I thought I'd toss in a comment on this topic.  I think it's
important to realize the equipment the canon user had with him.  If he had
availible a 50 1.2noct nikkor, 28 1.4 nikkor and 851.4 he just might have
gotten some useable images himself.  While using Leica myself and also
Nikon I think, IMHO, it's a large jump to think another brand of 35mm
couldn't have gotten the job done when maybe the other guy just had lenses
with him that were too slow for the conditions.  I don't doubt the
differences were present between the 2 photographers's work but it sounds
as if one guy was much better prepared with faster lenses, regardless of
brand for the assignment.  Anyway, just my 2 cents.
John Payne