Subject: [Leica] Gear selection for mountaineering
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:01:21 -0700

Hello all,
I'm shooting a feature article next month as a part of a mountaineering
party climbing Mount Adams here in Washington.  Since climbing isn't really
my thing, I'm wondering if anyone on the list might be able to advise me on
the gear selection.  I will also be shooting a series of surround videos.

Does it make sense to haul around an SLR on this trip, so I can have access
to a longer tele lens?  When climbing, is a manual camera a hassle, or is it
typically no problem to fumble around with exposure settings on the glacier?

Any comments appreciated.

- --Jim Laurel