Subject: Re: [Leica] Trolling and quality control
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 06:20:55 -0600 (MDT)

Alex trolling is used in the analogy to fishing, where a line is pulled
after a slow boat to cover more territory and catch a fish. In
computerese, it is putting out a controversial question or statement in
order to cover a lot of territory, and reel in some big fish in the way of
impassioned responses.
I agree, Leica doesn't seem to have the beta testers Microsoft has, and
they sure don't get to charge you for the privelege of being one, as Bill
Gates can do! ;)
Re: quality control- it does seem amazing how some of the symptoms I have
heard about on the LUG get past a visual inspection, I have seen 40 year
old Leica lenses that don't have these problems after years of use!
Noel Charchuk