Subject: Re: [Leica] high performance photography
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 16:48:06 -0500

At 04:01 PM 7/25/98 +0200, you wrote:

>3. Place camera and optic on a very sturdy tripod. (Phototripods are not
>good enough: use a carbon fibre television tripod with a fluid head for
>damping purposes)

Any recommendations for brands? Gitzo makes fiber tripods. I can see how
they would dampen vibration over metal, and on top of that they won't
freeze to your skin in sub-zero weather.

>5. Use split field indicator

Really? If they are not optimized for the lens at it's widest position,
then they aren't working optimally. No?

>BTW: Zeiss will introduce at Photokina 36 (!!) new lenses for all kinds of
>formats and uses.

Hassleblad, Rollei, Contax, Contax G2. Nine lenses each? What am I missing?

Have they decided to take on Leica R finally?
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch