Subject: [Leica] re buying a bag
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 10:38:22 EDT

<<I need some help and would appreciate LUGERS recommendations on a bag to
carry
>my Leica goodies.  I have an M6, 21-Apo, 35-APO, 50-Noct and a 90-2.8.  I
have
>tried Domk>>

have you considered hauling the whole mess down to a store that sells the
widest line of camera bags you can find and just trying them all out until you
find the one you like? Anyone who wanders in with a bazillion dollars worth of
camera gear looking for a bag to put it in is going to get top service from
any store worth its salt, and you could try bags and partition configurations
to your heart's content.

My favoritte bag for my CL or M outfit -- body and two or three lenses -- was
always a Swiss Army canvas gas bag from the local army-navy store -- it had a
divider pocket to hold the lenses in their individual pouches, room for the
body, a strap thin enough so it didn't continually slide off your shoulder,
canvas that actually got tighter and stiffer if it rained, and it looked like
such a piece of crap that I never worried about someone stealing it even in
New York City.

Price? Under $5.

cTrentelman
Ogden, Utah