Subject: Re: [Leica] M7
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:48:58 EDT

<< The vertical run electronic shutters I have seen
 are controlled by a block on one side of the shutter crate and require more
 height than a horizontal run device (isn't this what one would expect?).

 This would, if optimally repackaged, result in a body which was probably
 taller but narrower. >>

My new Contax S2 SLR has a mechanical vertical focal plane shutter.  It's
height is not more than the M6.  Of course this is a mechanical not electronic
shutter.  I don't know if that makes a difference.  It would a shame to change
the overall shape or size of an M camera.

Tom Shea