Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo whores {was Life magazine} vs word herders
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 18:45:23 +0000

Joseph Codispoti wrote:
>=20
> >From donal:
>=20
> >Leica Ms are great tools to tell the truth, plain and simple and
> >direct.  The fancy whirligigs of Nikons and Canons are for creating
> >fantasies that may have little to do with  reality.
>=20
> Chauvinism aside, what "truth" and "reality" are Nikon and Canon not ab=
le to
> record?
> JC
Joseph,
Of course, they can and do.  I could name numerous examples.  But all
the bells and whistles (buzzers?) do make "making" images much easier.=20
Hey, I use them.  I'm beating a dead horse, here, though.  And I guess I
should apologize for making gross generalizations.  Hold your breath!  :
)

I have a triligual friend (grew up in Lima, Peru of German parents who
sent him to English school).  I asked him one day what language his
mother writers/speaks to him in.  If it is family matters, he said, she
uses in Spanish.  If it is business matters, she uses German.  She
doesn't like English for either.  And she changes within the
letters/conversations according to topic. =20

Sort of like Ms and SLRs I guess.  =BFVerdad?

donal
- --=20
Donal Philby
San Diego