Subject: [Leica] M7
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:32:00 +0000

Frank Dernie wrote:
> ....<CUT>......
>  A vertical travel electronic shutter would
> probably be required to achieve all the goals, and would be much
cheaper
> but would change the shape of the body...<CUT>....

Why and how ? Judging from the G2, such a shutter does not - per se -
imply a larger body... And are talking about 1 to 5 mm or over 5mm
height differnces here ?

The (aborted) M6 Electronic top plate that was auctioned at Christies
earlier this year had an extra hieght of perhaps 5mm.
I've no idea why this should have been neccersary but if the M5 wasn't
liked for being a different size then presumably Leica felt that a
different sized M6 wouldn't be as good as a standard size one, and
somaybe they're waiting till they can make the whole electronic package
fit insidea normal sized M camera carcas...

Jem