Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Gear & Kids
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 14:08:46 -0700

Valid as well as outrageous statements have been made for and against kids
using - or having access to - a Leica to learn photography.
As usual, the choice is individual. A rich parent might allow hir (his/her)
child to use or own hir own Leica with all the lenses.
Recently y wife has expressed the desire to learn photography and asked to
use one of my cameras (Leica M, Contax G, RTS, Canon, and Fuji MF). In my
opinion a child (or beginner) does not need a specific brand of equipment in
order to learn to take photos.
Once, at a workshop, the speaker expressed his opinion on the subject by
saying: "I will lend you money. I will land you my car. You can barrow my
mower as well. I will even fix you up with my ex wife. But don't you ever,
ever ask to use my cameras."
Needless to say, I will buy a Cheapoflex for my wife so she can snap away.

Joseph Codispoti