Subject: Re: [Leica] M3
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:54:12 -0500

Gary,
This camera may have been one that started out as a normal M3 and was returned to
the factory for an MP (Professional) conversion.  I think these conversions were
done in the early 60's.  The serial numbers on the converted M3's would not have
the *P* appended to it that the original Leica MP's had.

BTW, the list of M3 serial numbers that I have shows that it was from a 1965
allocation but my list could be wrong.

Congratulations,
Bud