Subject: Re: [Leica] off topic...OM1
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:12:48 +0200

At 18:13 20/07/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>My father had an OM-1 which was out of order MOST of the time.  Based on his
>experience, I'd stay clear of them.  Besides my M6 system, I have a Nikon F3
>which I like.  By the way, someone asked whether you can still find parts for
>the F3... Nikon still makes the F3 and all its accessories, so parts should be
>no problem.

Hey Dave,
I'm sure you're right! I'm also a longtime F3 user...
But I think that the OM1 design was one of the best, but I'm not sure it's
reliable...
As a scientist, I used many OMs, OM2 OM3...The best of these is still the
OM1 because it's mechanical and on a microscope, you can always do something
with a mechanical 1s or 1/2 s. The worse are the OM2s...They are very often out.