Subject: Re: [Leica] If Leica is too expensive what would be the best alternative?
From: "Bruce R. Slomovitz" <brslomo@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 18:19:03 -0400

Might I suggest the NIKON FM2.  This is an all mechanical camera with
shutter speeds to 1/4000 sec and flash synch to 1/250.  It's all metal,
build on an aluminum alloy frame.  Motor drive is available as are different
focusing screens, backs, etc.  It's an SLR of course, but very nearly the
size of the M6.  NIKON has some great lenses, including a 50mm f1.2.  You
could get both used for probably around $600 in excellent condition.  The
biggest difference is that the FM2 is much noisier than the M6.  But given
the difference in price, and the fact that with the exception of the light
meter, totally non-electronic.

If you want to discuss it further, e-mail me at
brslomo@erols.com

Bruce S.