Subject: Re: [Leica] If Leica is too expensive what would be the best alternative?
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 14:01:21 -0500

Nathan,

>autofocus Pentax, and my new autofocus lenses can be used on the old LX. I
>believe that only Pentax has this backward compatibility.

Not quite true - The F5 can accomodate all of the AF lenses and AI lenses,
non AI lenses need add an adjustable AL indexing lever.  This 38 AF lenses
and at least 51 AI, reflex, PC and medical Nikors.  I don't know how many
non-AL lenses that can be modified to work.  The F mount is the same mount
as used on the Nikon F.

I used to be a long time Nikon user - and just picked up a 6006 and crappy
looking 35-80/4.0-5.6 cheapie zoom for a back and it is awakening old
memories.  (Heck new for $450 isn't bad)

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK