Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron-R vs. 35mm Elmarit-R
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 15:11:53 -0500

Doug,

>I want to get a 35mm lens for my R6.  I was wondering if anybody would
give me
>their impressions of the 35mm Summicron and 35mm Elmarit lenses for the R

Get the 35mm Summicron R!!!  I was surprised at how good this lens was.  I
liked it better than the 35 Summicron -M  It is a very sharp and contrasty
lens. The one I bought used - looked like it was used and I was worried
about its condition - until the first roll of slides came back.  Get it you
will like it.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK