Subject: Re: [Leica] intermediate shutter speeds
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:38:16 -0400

Sorry, but with the exception of (I believe) the range between 1/8 and 1/30
sec, intermediate shutter speeds ARE available on the Nikon F2.  Please
don't make me dig up my owner's manual to actually quote you the passage  ;-)

As far as Leicas are concerened, this has been asked before.  My M4-P
allowed for intermediate shutter speeds, while the M6 manual specifically
states that only integral speeds are possible.  I suspect that in fact
intermediate speeds are possible with the M6, but that the meter only
registers at the marked speeds, so setting the shutter to a point midway
between, say, 1/250 and 1/500 will result in an erroneous meter reading.

Dan C.

At 12:02 PM 17-07-98 -0400, don ferrario wrote:
>Your old F2 Nikon does NOT work between
>speeds.  It is a mechanical shutter with distinct
>speeds only.  [snip]

The M6, being mechanical, of course can not do so.
[snip]