Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 Summicron vs. 90 Elmarit
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:21:15 EDT

<< Other than the obvious fstop factor, I have often (from litterature) gotten
the impression that the overall performance of the 90 Elamarit is superior to
that of the 90 Summicron. Anyone care to elaborate if this is so ? >>

Eric, I have had the 90 2.8 for several months and recently purchased the 90
2.0.  The 2.8 is has better resolution and contrast.  This is especially true
at 2.8 and 4.0.  However, the 2.0 lens results in very pretty portraits wide
open.  Once stopped down to 5.6, they are very close but I think the 2.8 is
still sharper.

Tom Shea