Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica service
From: "Bruce R. Slomovitz" <brslomo@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 05:20:28 -0400

The problem with your Nikon may have been as follows (depending upon the
lens mounted on it when it was first tested):  Since, with an SLR (such as
the F2), you are viewing, composing, etc. through the lens, it is desirable
not to have the aperture which you select go into effect until the moment
the shutter is tripped.  There is a lever on the mounting surface of the
lens which is used to hold the aperture wide open.  When the shutter is
tripped, this lever is released and allows the aperture blades to close to
there pre-selected position.  This lever is spring loaded.  Move this lever
by hand to its tensioned position and release it.  If it returns slowly to
its unloaded position, then it is a sticking aperture ring or the lever
itself may be the cause for the apparent problem with the shutter speeds.

Bruce S.