Subject: Re: [Leica] ELCAN lenses
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 20:42:39 EDT

Jem,
 I used to use a 6" Elcan 2,8 on an old Baby Speed graphis (6X9cm backs) and
it worked fine. Fast and easy to focus on the groundglass. It was held in
place by liberal amount of epoxy and a long pin threaded into the aperture
ring allowed me to adjust the aperture quickly.
 The 3" Elcan comes from a Vinten Aerial Camera. It needs to be very close to
the filmplane. The 3" lenses are common, but they made a 2" (or 21/2" 2,8 that
is a very complex design and i have seen that one mounted on a M-camera (
serious surgery was required, but it did work).
Talk to Reinhold Mueller about adapting the 6" to a L-flex ( he also has some
interesting ELCAN's in stock!!!!!) Fax Canada- 416-467-7447.
Tom A