Subject: Re: [Leica] Today's Great Photographers (Values Question)
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 21:43:27 -0600

At 08:16 PM 12/07/98 EDT, you wrote:
 Nobody has ever examined the core values making up the "value vision" of
relatively "successful photographers" before!

What a pity indeed!  I await the outcome with great anticipation, longing
to see what core values make up the "value vision" of relatively
"successful photographers"!  (Yawn)
   If this were a government make-work project or some misguided search for
a genuine religious experience, it wouldn't even be worth a snicker.  If
this project belongs to some graduate student's desperate searching for a
thesis, I wish I were the faculty advisor involved.  As a LUG project --
really -- who has the time or energy to spend in pursuit of such nonsense?
   Try to get out a bit more, enjoy photography, and keep in touch with the
real world.  Successful photographers come from all walks of life, and have
a diverse range of interests beyond their photography.  They are an
eclectic lot, representing very different forms of expression.  To suggest
that one can survey a small sample of photographers who happen to subscribe
to this user group and in so doing be able to make some generalizations
about core values of "successful photographers" in a much broader sense is
an idea not even worth investigating, because of its flawed premise and
methodology.

- -GH