Subject: [Leica] ELPRO-Telyt??
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 00:24:04 +-200

The Leitz 400 and 560 mm Telyt lenses are simple two element
achromats. Also the Novoflex "tele" lenses are only two element
achromats, with very good optical performance. I always knew
this, and only recently I realized, that the ELPRO closeup-lens is
also a high quality 2-element achromat...
So, luggers, did anyone ever try to use an ELPRO-only as a
tele-lens? What is the focal length of the different ELPROs?
With a bellows and tubes and black tape it might be worth a try!
I don't own an ELPRO to try it myself, so am I missing
something here?

Gerd