Subject: [Leica] Rick's Place
From: jorge@cybernetrix.com (Jorge Fernandez)
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 22:25:42 +0200

Many, many thanks to all who have responded to my inquiry, both here and =
by private mail.
There were a few interesting remarks that have left me thinking. =
Especially the fact that indeed, whenever I go out to photograph, I =
*always* favor the M (whichever one has film in it at the time). The =
Mamiya is always a conscious effort and I mainly use it with a panoramic =
adapter for landscapes. In addition, some of the more interesting things =
I've shot have been done with the 21 (with a bubble level) and the =
Noctilux (wide open and with Infrared).
Funny because by the time I read the last digest, I had already packed =
the M6 with the four lenses, a KGOON with legs, a small vivitar 253 =
flash (highly recommended by the way, it uses a 9v battery) to use on =
auto for day fill at f/4 and the 90 (plus any combination of =
ND+Pola+warming filter and using slow film), some cleaning items, hoods, =
a polarizer, an 81B, a tobacco gradient, a pocket timer, and a cable =
release. All this in a Galen Rowell chest pack.=20
In the end, I decided on the Leica because I can load it instinctively =
in the dark whereas the Mamiya is very fiddly plus I would have to carry =
twice as much 120 film.=20
Thanks again to all, I appreciate and value the variety of helpful =
thoughts you all presented.

Jorge Fernandez
US Embassy, Madrid