Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica quality control (longish)
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 16:35:10 EDT

<< Over the years, there have been numerous isolated complaints on the LUG
 about new Leica equipment arriving with serious problems. These threads
 come and go, usually with someone chiming in to smooth over the disgruntled
 users. >>

Charlie, my experience has been a mixed bag.  Ultimately, however, I pleased
with the quality.

Of four M6's, three had cosmetic defects and were replaced.  Two had scratches
in the inside of the front viewfinder element.  One had a defective black body
paint.

Of 18 lenses, four were defective and replaced.  One would not focus correctly
at infinity (the focus cam was not machined properly).  Three had scratches or
nicks in the barrels.

All of the replacements were fine.