Subject: Re: [Leica] Contax case w/M6
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:52:15 EDT

In a message dated 98-07-09 22:05:27 EDT, Don wrote:

<< Contax seems to have a nice compartment
 case for the G1/G2.  I haven't seen one in
 person, though.  Some of you have both
 the Contax and M6.  Does the Contax
 case fit the M6 and its lenses?  Any
 comments on the case otherwise? >>

I have the G1 case - it is wonderful. Compact and nicely finished, something
Leica should have made a long time ago for the M series. Yes, the M6 and 21,
24, 35, and 50 Summicron, Summilux, and Elmars fit very nicely in the case
(not all at once!). The only 90s that would fit are the Tele Elmarit, CL/E
versions, and older Elmars. The Contax G-90 is shorter than the current Leica
90s. With a very compact flash, it makes a nice kit. The G2 bag is larger and
probably more practical, but I find myself carrying the G1 bag all the time.
It is a little slow if you are on assignment, however, and a bit noisey due to
large velcro (tm) strap in the lower front. I use Billingham Hadleys for most
reportage assignments.

Will von Dauster