Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux in the News
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 20:39:07 -0400

At 10:17 PM 7/8/98 +0000, you wrote:
>I was flipping thru the August issue of Shutterbug and a black & white
picture
>caught my eyes.  Upon closer inspection, it's the LUG's own Tina Manley
>praising the virtues of the Noctilux.  I don't know about the lens, but I
like
>the picture.
>
>- Phong

Thanks, Phong!  The Noctilux is a great lens. I did tell Shutterbug that
the "available darkness" quote was from Ted, but that didn't make it into
print.  (Thanks anyway, Ted, for a good quote!)  I managed to break the
mount on my Noctilux this trip when I fell on my camera on a concrete
floor, but it still worked great as long as I kept on on the M6 it was on
when it broke.  Both are going back to Leica when I have a free minute.
I've been in the darkroom since I got back last week.  I missed the LUG!
Had a great trip and came back with lots of exposed film, broken cameras
and knees, parasites and lice.  With one week to develop and print my film,
I'm off to a Maine Photographic Workshop on "Photographs That Make a
Difference" by Stan Grossfeld.  I thought I was going to have a darkroom to
work in there, but found out this week that I won't so I'm in somewhat of a
panic trying to get ready.  Has anybody been to a Maine Workshop?  What do
you think? What has been going on since I've been gone?  The list seems
pretty quiet.  Leically - Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP

<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>