Subject: Re: [Leica] Today's Great Photographers {was Photo whores}
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 18:57:41 -0500

At 10:28 AM 7/8/98 -0400, you wrote:

>picture awards over the last few years have been shot in places other than
the
>US.  Maybe there are too many PJ's at home and too few abroad (or
>editors'/readers' lack of interest in foreign matters) !

That's part of it. Bean counters have killed any real serious use of
photojournalism in most U.S. magazines. That, and the fact that they can
run color ads on almost any page, so they don't need to justify color pages
with lots of color pictures. (Check out the link Ted brought us from Dirck
Halstead's Digital Journalist for more on this subject.)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Ted Kennedy