Subject: [Leica] It's a sickness...
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 13:01:00 +0000

Patrick wrote:
>But it doesn't answer the important question: why do I want more of
these
>old cameras?  It's a sickness.  I'm trying to hold off as long as
possible
>before getting an SL2.
>
>- -Patrick
========================

Too right,
Where is help when you need it? Leicaholics Anonymous meetings have been
kept too well hidden for us, they need to come out into the open.

'Why do we want more of these old cameras?'
I guess it's many different reasons for many different folks, genuine
photographical want, security, envy, pride, sensuousness (that can't be a
proper word...), exploring the unknown, status, boredom, etc...
It would be interesting to hear what a pschologist defines as the
infatuation of collecting.
Any psychologists out there?
Do we get a free on-line session? I think I've got a virtual couch here
with my internet kit...

Jem