Subject: Re: [Leica] 2/50 DR Summicron
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 12:52:44 -0400

At 10:12 AM 7/8/98 -0400, Dan Cardish wrote:
>Minor point perhaps, but lens coatings should have some effect on lens
>contrast.  Isn't that their purpose?

This IS a good point, as I was sloppy in my original note.  Lens coatings
were originally developed to prevent flare when shooting into contre-jour
conditions -- flare is obviously a "contrast" problem!  But the general
performance of the lens should not be significantly affected by lens
coatings in normal shooting.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!