Subject: Re: [Leica] lens recoating
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 06:41:50 -0700

John Van Stelton at Focal Point does recoating.

First make sure you have it 'clean' I am not sure that this might not
clean up with "ROR" Residual Oil Remover.  I recently tried this stuff
and it gets glass really clean.

I think its about $125 per surface to recoat.

Focal Point  (John Van Stelten) ---------------    (303)  665-6640

John has email but I can't find it right now.  I'll look harder if
nobody else posts it.

Dennis

Chandos Michael Brown wrote:

> Recently I've taken to using a collapsible Summicron (#1379549) on my IIIf
> a *lot*.  I''m enormously pleased with the results using T400CN; but I
> notice, finally, that the coating on the front element is "dulling," for
> want of a better term.  I've read various references on this list to lens
> recoating, and I wonder how feasible it is in this case.  The lens is
> otherwise in virtually mint condition, glass is perfect, except for the
> coating.
>
> Can anyone tell me where I might have this done?  An estimate of the cost?
> Will a recoating change the optical quality of the lens?
> I will appreciate all and any advice.
>
> One more thing: what's the date of manufacture of this lens?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Chandos
>
> Chandos Michael Brown
> Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
> College of William and Mary
>
> http://www.resnet.wm.edu/~cmbrow/

- --