Subject: [Leica] OFF TOPIC: Velvia exposure [was: Fuji Film/Toronto...]
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 15:19:41 -0300

> Jeff,
> I meant Velvia, not Previa.

Previa?  Or Provia?

> Would you recommend ASA 40 for projection?  Even if I were exposing
> for highlights?

I've gotten good results with EI 40 when either whipping out the old incident
meter or pointing the camera at something which seemed like a plausible 18%.
If you want to get more sophisticated than that (or even if you don't), you
really need to burn at least one test roll before taking pictures of anything
you care about.  Not much room for error with Velvia (but hitting the sweet
spot is so rewarding!)  Luckily, most cities with working photographers have
quick-turnaround E6 labs.  Get thee out and shooting!

 -Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>