Subject: [Leica] Fuji Film/Toronto Leica Dealers
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 11:02:30 -0500

I just got my film order from B&H for a trip to the Canadian Maritime
Provinces.  In addition to Kodachrome, I ordered some Previa and Astia
to see if I want take some Fuji film on our trip (hopefully)  to Europe
in September.

I've never before used Fuji film so I'd like some pointers from any
LUGgers who are familiar with it.

I'll be exposing the film for projection and I'll be using spot meters
exposing for highlights in the scene.  I've found with Kodachrome that
exposing for highlights means using the recommended ASA speed settings
(25/200).

I've read that professionals expose Previa at 40 but this may be because
of different applications for this film.  I've also read on the Fuji
site that Fuji doesn't recommend Previa for slides/projection.

As for the Astia, I now realize that this is probably not a film to use
for travel applications.  However, since I've got it I'm going to use it
on the trip.

I believe the camera I'll use for the Fuji will have a new 4th
generation 35 mm Summicron-M mounted on it so that'll be a new
experience for me as well.   I'll try this new lens with Kodachrome 25
as well.

We'll also be spending a few days in Toronto and Niagara Falls so any
recommendations on Leica dealers in the area will also be greatly
appreciated.

Bud