Subject: [Leica] 135mm lens
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 11:11:00 +0000

Joe wrote:

>I recently purchased a 135MM Tele Elmar, serial 2,144,xxx . I can put it
on my
>M3, however cannot mount it on either of my M6's . It will turn about
1/8 "
>but hits a "hard"stop and will not turn enough to engage the lock.
Anyone have
>any ideas about this? Joe Zarick, Cinn, Ohio
=================================

Joe,
A couple of thought here, I once had a similar experience trying to mount
an older 135 lens on my Dad's M6, it was sooooo stiff! He was reluctant
to let me persevere...

Some 135 lenses do not have a focusing cam around all of the rear of the
lens, but merely a short section, spanning 30 degrees or so, could it be
that this is reaching the r/f roller and stopping there?, one would
imagine the lens and roller are deisgned for this not to happen, but you
might alleviate the problem by refocusing the lens so that the cam is at
its minimum extension before trying to mount the lens.

regards,
Jem