Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Int'l price differences
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 09:53:13 +0200

On 06-07-1998 00:21 Eric Welch wrote:

>>ps... taking photographs with a 15mm Super Elmar is a unique experience.
>>How did they make such a magnificant lens? 15mm focal length, rectalinear,
>
>They hired Zeiss. :-)
>--

Can you believe it, but at the Leica "open door days" in Belgium, when I
enquired about this lens and tried it on the R8, the Belgian importer rep
told me this lens was not a Zeiss design or made by Zeiss... Of course, I
knew this was nonsense, but I thought it better to keep my mouth shut not
to embarrass him too much :-)
Speaking of the power of the web...

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch