Subject: [Leica] Final thought on snobbery
From: "James Burris" <jabu@direct.ca>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 22:59:55 -0700

Hi,

	I was visiting a zoo in the Seattle area on Sunday when I noticed a man
with a Canon E-1 with a 600 f4 lens shooting some wolves.  While I was
walking around the viewing area looking for an ideal angle to shoot from, I
overheard another person ask the photographer what kind of camera it was
with that huge lens on it.  The photographer who was clearly between shots
and not looking through the camera said with a scowl : "an expensive one"
and looked annoyed that the person had dared to interrupt him.  Give me a
break.  Never mind that his set-up was taking up a quarter of the entire
viewing area, but he also feels that he's some sort of photographic deity?
Now that's camera snobbery.

James