Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 16:36:48 +0200

On 03-07-1998 00:25 Charles Dunlap wrote:

>I also use a Nikon FM for macro work, and I find that I never look at the
>shutter speed indication in the viewfinder. This is probably because I use
>the M6 95% of the time, and I'm not used to seeing shutter speed in there.

Same for me, but I think it has more to do with the fact that the shutter
speed indication in the FM's viewfinder is not very bright (no
illumination) under many circumstances. Plus you have to look all over
the viewfinder to see different indications: the aperture is mirrored
from the lens on top of the viewfinder, the +o- settings are on the right
and the shutter speed is on the left. You could get a headache for less
than that... The Nikon F5 has the same flaws: indications are scattered
all over the viewfinder. Not so with the Leica R8: everything is where it
should be, that is on the same line on the bottom of the viewfinder.
And I owned an FM for long before I went to Leica.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch