Subject: Re: [Leica] oops! Going to France instead....
From: Dave Myers <myers@bluelake.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 09:15:39 -0400

Francesco,

Last year, I went to a conference in Briancon, France, near the Italian
border.  Flew into Lyon and took a bus to Briancon.  One of the most
beautiful places on the face of the earth -- a fortress city in the
mountains... 1000-year-old mountaintop churches full of  priceless
art... hand-made lace in every window... wonderful French bread and
wine... the narrow and steep streets and sidewalks one might expect....
Off the beaten path, but well worth the effort to get there.  Be sure to
take a 21 or 24, if you have one.  Rent one?  It would be a good way to
capture the crowded and vertical quality of the city and the
expansiveness of the mountain terrain.

Have a great trip.

Dave