Subject: Re: [Leica] Life magazine
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 08:06:33 -0500

At 02:25 AM 7/5/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Makes me wonder how many page designers gave up their lives for their art...

No kidding. That's the bottom line. Idiots get hired as designers because
they can match colors, but they couldn't take pictures to save their lives.
And word people run the business. I am often tempted to get out of
journalism and into commercial because if I have to be a whore, I might as
well be a well-paid one. :-)  (Don't get me wrong, I don't think commercial
photographers are really whores, but journalists who don't act like
journalists are.)

But then, I work at a paper that has a commitment to documentary
photojournalism. So as long as that stays true, I don't mind working here.

Mind if I put your LIFE editor story on the NPPA list?
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Time is just one darn thing after another. - Anonymous