Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 Summicron or Summilux
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 10:33:11 -0700

Ben,

Considering that you have a new Noctilux, and with the new film emulsions
that are cropping up, I would opt for the 50 mm f2.0 Summicron. It is small,
light , handy to carry around and the image is superb.

I shoot with both, and at times the extra stop of the Summilux is handy, but
I would sell the Summilux in an instant if I thought it would help pay for a
Noctilux replacement. I would, however, always keep the Summicron close.

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA
USA