Subject: [Leica] Arca-Swiss B1: Quick Release or threaded?
From: "Tore Larsen" <tore@CS.Princeton.EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 14:36:00 -0400

Hi,

I just bought a Gitzo 1227 tripod, and I am thinking of getting the
Arca-Swiss B1 to go with it. I'll use it with my M6, F3, and occasionally my
old EL2. I have looked at the Really Right Stuff brochure for their mounting
plates, which look nice.

My question concerns the use of mounting plates all together compared with
just using the regular threaded mount. Won't the mounting plate, be in your
way when shooting hands-free? I'll probably use the tripod for only 10-20%
of my pictures. How about just resting the camera on a table for a second or
two, will it stand on the plate or wobble and tip over?

Your experienced advice is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

__
Tore

P.S.:	Any recommendations of where in NYC to buy the head?

__
Tore