Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanner
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 22:14:14 -0500

At 05:23 PM 7/2/98 -0700, you wrote:
>That would be ERIC!  I was about to ask the same thing.......
>where is this great Canon film scanner that beats the LS-2000
>and for only $700, Eric???

Canon has had it for some time, I'm told. And the camera group just got
their hands on it recently where it will be marketed. Keep your eyes open
for ads. Or check their web site. That's what I'm going to do.

And I wouldn't say it beats the SuperCoolScan 2000 (the one with built-in
scratch and dust filters), but it has the same optical resolution - 2700.
More than the $8,000 Kodak scanner I use at work! :-)

And the Contrast range (?) is supposed to be 3.1 or 3.3 I believe. Whatever
that means. And 32 bit color, I think.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now