Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: fbrunell@bonzai.net (Francois Brunelle)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:20:47 -0400

>>From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>

>>Since having the M I've realized what a disservice the auto-SLRs have done
>>to amateur photographers

Reply:

Charles,
Not only the SLRs but also IMHO the zoom lenses.  I now realize how close I
get and can get to the subjects because of the short fix focal lengths.
Before I started with the M6, I almost exclusively used SLRs with zooms, and
was always looking for a more powerful and compact zoom.  I would never get
close to the subject and was never satisfied with the pictures...not only of
the quality but also by the fact that I could not relate to the action
having not been part of it.  Kind of a psychological withdrawal from the
world.  I guess "voyeurism" would not be such a strong word after all!!

Shit! Here goes my money saved for a new lens...I'll have to spend some time
on the couch talking to the psy!  Do you know of any good books about
self-treatment for $15 and less?!!!! :-)    I desperately need the money for
the new lens...

Francois Brunelle
Ashburn VA