Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 09:22:53 -0700

hmmm.

let's be fair.  a user *skilled* with the use
of their particular auto-camera
(say, an eos1n in my case), can make
it do what they want very easily.

but then again, a user skilled with the use
of an m6... can make it do what they want...

but, the high end auto-slrs have pretty
refined controls to let you guide their
behavoir.  the *worst* cameras are little
p&s cameras that won't listen to you at all...

while the m6 has really nice controls, I
don't think that lack of automation helps
it directly.  it's very small, very quiet.
but if it had auto-exposure and a motor,
and was the same size and just as
quiet, that would be even better, so
long as you retain the option to do it
manually....