Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: Denton Taylor <denton@asan.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 18:34:24 -0400

to achieve something to look askance at others who seem not to have had a
similar struggle to achieve the same thing.

this isn't a justification of course, but in a certain sense the way some
people are born into families with substatial resources while others are
born to families with a correspondingly severe lack of resources is also
unjustifiable.>>>>

This was well put.

I bought my first camera when I was ten--would you believe a Diana? The
quality of my gear slowly improved, as did my lot in life. Now, at the age
of 44, I am fortunate to be able to keep several systems, including Contax
SLR, and a rather new acquisition, my M6, as well as medium format gear.

Maybe one also has to be 'ready'. In search of the Leica mystique, I
acquired a screw-mount (don't remember which) in my early twenties. I
didn't get it.

In my early thirties, I lucked into a DS M3 with 50mm. I still didn't get it.

This was not from lack of experience with manual cameras; I was using
Mamiya TLR and 6x7 by this time.

Now, at 44, I have an M6, and I finally GET IT!!! Yay!

One also
Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com