Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:50:34 -0400

Still, there is yet another sub-category <g>.

'Dentists' that know how to use the equipment, or are serious about
learning.

Just 'cuz someone has money, it doesn't make him an idiot. After all, they
learned enough about their profession to be rather successful in it...

REPLY:

I won't lie and say that some of my best friends are dentists. But I was not
implying either that everyone with money, or most people with money, are
stupid, or that only stupid people have money. What I was suggesting is that
the Leica, much like the Hasslebald has become a high-end status toy. Many
people have both who would be perfectly content with a good P&S if it set
them back $2000 to $10000 and everyone knew it.

That said...Once again let me add that I am all for anyone and everyone
learning to use the equipment - and only wish I was a Dentist so that I
could afford more of it. ;-]

P.S. I can't spell. I could never spell. I will never be able to spell. I am
a Pulitzer Prize-winning former journalist who has written 10 books. But I
can't spell. So please forgive my frequent misspellings.