Subject: [Leica] Re: Photoshop, Illustrator and modifying m-6 meter coverage....
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:31:49 -0500

Hey guys,

How many people have mastered Photoshop and Illustrator??????

How many people can't produce anything with either of them that is top
notch????

I've got these two programs and have to say it isn't as easy as people
think it is to use and you need to have a decent sense of color and
graphic design for them to be really useful tools.  You think a EOS or a
F5 is complicated........ HA! They are child's toys compared to making
something complex using both Illustrator and Photoshop combined.

At least with an EOS you can use it the old fashion way as I almost
always use the spot meter, manual exposure and more often than not manual
focus.  The only time I change the metering pattern is when I use TTL
flash and I still set everything manually.  I use AF rarely.

AS such, I've really had a difficult time adjusting to the meter coverage
of the M-6 as it is much larger than my F-1fn's or EOS 1n.
It just isn't precise enough for me to meter as I'm accustomed to in many
situations I cover, especially with slides.

I've toyed with painting part of the metering circle black to reduce the
coverage, any suggestions???????

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador