Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm 2.0 Aspheric
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 19:56:07 -0500

At 10:14 AM 6/29/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Eric, you might want to read the review.  It is in the Viewfinder section of
>the LHSA web site.

Okay, I will.

But as a user of the second most current non-ASPH 35 Summicron, and then
the Summilux ASPH, I can tell you there are many other factors
performance-wise that make me prefer the newer lens. Sharpness isn't all
that important if no other performance criterion isn't better. I use my
lenses wide open and at f/2 more than the average user, though, so my view
is biased in that direction. ANY 35 Summilux or Summicron can make
wonderful pictures, in the right hands.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

She's always late. Her ancestors arrived on the June Flower.