Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and 15 year old technology
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:57:38 -0700

At 12:21 PM 6/29/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Jim Brick wrote:
>
>> There is simply NO ARGUMENT that is valid that pits a computer over the
>> creative and artistic mind of a human. Perhaps the next wave will be
>> computerized brush, pallet, and canvas. Why should the artist have to
>> actually paint. Just pull down the menu... "landscape, ocean scene" or
>> "still life, apple, flowers", or "nude, skinny, side light."
>
>with all due respect jim (again), you are covering ground that was explored
>back in the beginning of the century in fine art. i suggest that you
>investigate the work of marcel duchamp, or any of his contempories,
regarding
>the use of found objects and ready-mades.

Sorry. I was wrong. The computer controlled camera system is indeed the way
to go. It is indeed the most creative means to art, fine art, and all
things photographic. I'm not the least bit interested in duchamp since he
didn't have a computer. The new AI and fuzzy logic firmware is really
great. Long live the matrix meter, uni-ISO film, and one hour photo
machines. Whew... my mind is tired just thinking about the creative stuff I
can do.

;-)

Jim